The certificate will require a minimum of 12 units of credit.
Every student will be required to complete the following courses with a grade of C or better:
- CMM 501 "Human Gross Anatomy" 4 units
- One of the following (choose):
- CMM 510 "Human Histology: An Introduction to Pathology" 3 units
- CMM 525A "Functional Human Histology" 4 units
- CMM 565A "Fundamentals of Light Microscopy and Electronic Imaging" 3 units
The student will be required to complete at least one additional course with a grade of C or better. The following courses are recommended:
- CMM 504 "Cell Biology of Disease" 3 units
- CMM 577 "Principles of Cell Biology" 4 units
- CMM 595H "Problems in the Biology of Complex Diseases" 2 units
- CMM 605 "Medical Immunology and Infectious Disease" 4 units
- EPID 576A "Biostatistics in Public Health" 3 units
- EPID 651 "Bioethics, Regulations, and Repercussions in Research" 2 units
- PATH 515 "Basic Human Pathology" 4 units
Other courses in the biomedical sciences and medicine may be appropriate and will be considered. The student will be required to receive approval from his or her advisory committee for his/her final selection of courses.
A student must maintain an overall grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0. In accord with the policies of the Graduate College, any student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 will be on probation for the following semester. If the student's cumulative GPA is still below 3.0 at the end of the probationary semester, s/he will be dismissed from the program.